Monday, July 20, 2009

East Coast Trip - Part I

Since I'll be home, err, on the East Coast for 2.5 weeks, I figure I should break it up as I go. So let the fun begin!

This weekend was FANTASTIC! I absolutely LOVED being in Baltimore again for Karen's wedding. If I wasn't so in love with my hometown, I would have gotten married at our alma mater too. We went to Fells Point on Fri for an intimate bridal luncheon (there's just 2 of us BMs) and nails. Then the rehearsal at Loyola Chapel. Queue the angels singing: I completely forgot how in awe of that church I am. Walking back on to campus I couldn't help but breathe in all that Loyola goodness. Man, it felt fantastic to be back. Then we headed off to Little Italy for the dinner - um...YUM!

The wedding itself was wonderful. Karen looked phenomenal; my favorite priest of all time did the ceremony, and the reception was a blast! I had sooo much fun! As you all know, you never really have quality convos with anyone at your own wedding, so for me, it was fabulous to finally sit down with my 36C girls. I also reconnected with some friends I haven't seen in 7 years since graduation. TheHusband couldn't make it due to leave time, but in a way, it was almost better. I didn't realize how much I truly needed time with my girls. I feel reconnected to my Core now. Time with them is like going to a fancy schmancy spa. I'd say its cheaper too, but since we're scattered all over, that's not really true. Regardless, the big news is that one of us is pregnant! Our first baby! How exciting! I can't wait to meet Mini 36C.

On my trek from Baltimore to upstate NY, I stopped in my hometown and had a short but sweet visit with my family. Again, sooo fun! I even got to see my older brother, SIL, and future niece/nephew from Philly!

In conclusion, family + friends + time at best university on the planet = BEST WEEKEND a gal from CO could ask for. Now I'm working for the week in my boss' office. This should be interesting. Ill keep you posted!

-K

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Is Loyola a big school? One of my husband's friends from law school went there.

Where in upstate are you? That is where I am from!

Katiellirb said...

It's growing - I think its up to around 5k undergrad, but definitely small.

I'm bouncing around between Endicott and Syracuse. I love it here - the drive on 81 is so pretty!

summerprep said...

I'm a Loyola girl too! I've been reading your blog and never realized it- my cousin was around your year, so we may know some people in common- I'm a bit younger though! :) Its always great going back to Baltimore- glad you had fun!