Wednesday, July 29, 2009

East Coast Trip - Part III

This past weekend I went home to spend some time with my family. And, b/c she's awesome in all ways, my best friend Gwenn drove up from Philly to meet me! I had such a wonderful time. Friday night we all played cards (a family tradition) and while I love my brother's fiance, it was just him. I was really glad we all could hang out pre-wedding just like old times. Saturday, my mom and I ran errands (like we used to do -I'm sensing a theme), and helped my brother and fiance with some wedding errands too. Then Gwenn arrived and we just all had so much fun! Where I grew up, church's have annual festivals to raise money for that year. We went to a festival for a non-profit on Sat night and even though it poured, I still enjoyed myself. I ended up staying an extra night on Sunday and driving back up to NY on Monday AM. I got a bit homesick and didn't want to leave. Getting on the plane this Sunday is going to be rough...

My week is going well. Last night I met my coworker who retired for dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up and hearing about life, post negotiator. Tonight I'm headed for dinner with a friend I worked with in Philadelphia who moved up here! Small World! Then I'm back to hometown to start my brother's wedding festivities. The best part - TheHusband is joining me on Friday! YAY!! I really miss him and can't wait to see him soon!

-K

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I miss church bazaars so much!

Katiellirb said...

Me too! One weekend back in CO I was dying for one. I think I ended up googling it but no luck :(

~M~ said...

Yay for traditions!