Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birds and Mizzou

It's Rivalry Week in NCAA land, which ranks only slightly below March Madness to me. Wed night my Dukies are playing UNC (Boo!) but last night, TheFiance's Missouri Tigers played in the Border War vs. KU. We donned our Mizzou sweatshirts and hunkered down for what looked like a slaughtering. However, in the 2nd half, the Tigers realized they are basketball players and came back...big time! It was such a great game. KU was winning for about 99.9% of the game, and then out of nowhere, Mizzou scores with 2.7 seconds left and WINS THE GAME!! It was AWESOME and I just needed to share. Man, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE college basketball!

Sadly, today doesn't have the same excitement. Unfortunately, a woodpecker has decided to use our metal chimney cap as his mating call mechanism. That means every morning from 7:30 - 11, we hear what sounds like a loud jack hammer vibrating down the fireplace and through the house. Apparently if it keeps this up, we can have really bad damage. Does anyone else have any experience with this and any tried and true ways to get rid of it? I found some options online but our first step is to invest in a ladder tall enough to get us up to the tip top of our 3rd roof. Aghh...how I despise woodpeckers!!!

-K

No comments: