Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weekend Warriors

The one positive to selling the house so early was that being in a furnished rental, we knew the rest of our summer would be responsibility free.  We had grand plans, but when we saw the Cave, we knew we had to get out of dodge as often as possible.  Holding true, we've been on the road every weekend since closing.:

Weekend 1
Denver for Phillies/Rockies series + Begin the house hunting.  Primarily choosing neighborhoods.

 
 Date Nights sporting our Phillies pride!

Weekend 2
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore/Black Hills of South Dakota.  This was an amazing trip and a beautiful part of our country.  I had full intentions of making its own post, but time is getting away from me.  We saw Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands National Park, National Missile Historic Site, Bear Country USA, Wall Drug Store, a winery, and stayed in Deadwood.  I would go back with kids in a heartbeat as it was an inexpensive trip with tons of options!

Badlands were bad...you fill in the rest!

Proud to be an American!

Weekend 3
Denver for Summer Beer Fest + More house hunting.  It was here that we found our most perfect, dream Denver home.  Except that when we put in an offer, they had gone under contract an hour before!  AGH!  This was a huge wake up call for us that looking on the weekends wasn't going to cut it.  The Denver market is insanely competitive with very low inventory.  At this point, there is absolutely nothing we like.  Very frustrating, considering with our timeline, we have to be under contract by the end of August.

 Can't wait for more fun with our "no-kids" Denver friends!

Weekend 4 (Coming Up)
Denver for our friend's going away party.  They are moving to Omaha :(  Also, intense house hunting with our realtor in tow.

Weekend 5
Road trip to Missouri for a very crowded visit with TheHubs parents, sister, and niece and nephew.  5 adults; 2 children; 2 dogs; 2 beds; one couch.  You do the math.

No immediate plans for the following weekend, but factor in Julie's baby being due in early August and the state of the house hunting and I can guarantee we'll be in Denver for Weekend 6.  After that we're off on A Preppy Girl's Family Annual Beach Vacation!!  CANNOT WAIT!!!

Time is flying by for sure.  I also have a possible new job in the works so please keep your fingers crossed!  Also, shout out to our favorite friend, John, for letting us and Barkley stay with him ALL of those Denver weekends.  I'm sure we're cramping his single lifestyle, but he has been incredibly gracious and part of the reason why we love him dearly.  We can't wait to be 10 minutes from him when we move!

Hope you're having a great week!
-K

2 comments:

katmcd said...

I hope you guys find something soon. Maybe if you see something you like online, your friend who lives in Denver can visit it during the week? Seeing more houses= more success?

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm jealous...I want friends with no kids!

Sounds like you've had an amazing time though. That's awesome! Good luck with the house hunt. I can't wait to see pics of what you find.

Have fun this weekend...crossing my fingers y'all get a bed!

KK