Sunday, July 1, 2012

On the 7th Day, Rest

I couldn't have asked for a better, more productive day yesterday!  Which we really needed in order to minimize moving expenses and be more prepared for the professional packers/movers.

The day started out at my beautiful sister's baby shower in PA.  But I was here in CO.  Thank you Sype!  It was the next best thing to being there in person, minus the 4 hour, $500 flight.  I was able to see and chat with so many people I love, and more importantly, celebrate my sister and Godson to be!  My nephew was also there, being the super adorable little boy he always is.  This picture cracks me up.



After I signed off Skype, hi ho, hi ho, its off to work TheHubs and I went!  We are now officially living in box land.  We packed up the garage, all of the closets, most of our spare bedrooms, and even a little of the master.  We ran out of boxes, so I say that's good progress indeed!  Our moving company charges us for the packing service based on the number of boxes they pack, so I think we saved ourselves a few hundred dollars!

During lunch, I was able to catch a bit of Wimbledon, specifically the Murray match - Go Andy!  And hello?  Did anyone see the Cilic/Querry match?  Cilic won in the 5th set,17-15!!!  What?!  Insanity!  I'm enjoying Wimbledon even more this year, having just visited the All England Lawn Tennis Club in April.  When they showed scenes of Murray Mound, No. 1 Court, and of course, Centre Court, we knew exactly what to expect.  Of course I yelled "We were there!"  In the front row!  Man, what an experience!  

 Player's entrance

 Outside of No. 1 court

Centre Court!  Drowned rat look aside, this is one of my favorite pictures.

But back to my Saturday....

We're in clean out the fridge mode, so we grilled some chicken and used up some sides; took Miss B for a stroll; and organized some odds and ends.

By 8pm, we were pooped, but decided to grab a few drinks on the patio of a local restaurant.  It was wonderful.  THeHubs and I caught up on work, family, life.  Yes, we talk about these things daily, but this was one of those times that we got away from the chaos and concentrated on us.  With all the craziness of the fires and the move, staying connected is key in surviving it all.

So today TheHubs is gone on an overnight, and I'm just relaxing.  Up bright and early, I took Barkley for a walk before the 100 degree heat set in.  As we walked by our side yard, a yellow butterfly landed right in front of me on a plant and we looked at each other for a while.  I think he said "It's a lovely day!"  I'm not big on symbolism, and I don't collect trinkets.  But in that moment, a calm came over me and I thought to myself "Everything is going to work out."

 simplybutterflies.com

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend!
-K

No comments: