Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Post-Home Post

Well I've made it to the other side, physically unscathed, but mentally drained.

Saturday through Monday was full of packing, moving to the temp house, cleaning, moving our home into storage, and saying goodbye to our first house.  Because TheHubs moved from California before I did from Philly, I had never seen it so empty.  Yesterday was the dreaded closing.  Here's some pictures of my home usually full of love and happiness now an empty house.




My office - my favorite room where so I spent so much of the day.

Everything went really smoothly and for that I'm grateful.  The only real hiccup was our temp house was FILTHY and reeked of garbage.  So we spent most of Sat scrubbing and doing about one million loads of laundry.  I have named this place "The Cave" b/c its dark and dirty and to be honest, I don't like it one bit.

Add that in to the fact that I don't like change and I loved my house, and well, waterworks flowed all weekend.  I literally had a broken heart, not to mention I haven't slept since last Sunday.

However, I think closing really put closure on the whole process.  All weekend I was upset because we still had our home.  But now, even though I'm sad its not ours, at least now we can move on.   Hopefully, TheHubs will get his new assignment this week, but I'm not putting much credibility in it.

Today I am doing a million times better, due in large part to all of the support of friends and family.  A few hours after the closing when TheHubs was at work, and I in my new office here, these beautiful flowers arrived with a handwritten note from TheHubs "Home is where you are."  So true!



Yet another friend emailed and reminded me that no matter which house we live in, my adorable Barkley will be there smiling when we walk through the door.   If it weren't for her making me laugh all day, I think this process would be a million times worse.

Another friend texted this morning to see how I was doing and to see if I wanted her to drop off coffee or lunch.  So sweet! 

So all in all, I am finally getting back into a new routine, and putting the sadness behind me.  I think I will be sad until we finally move for good, but my heart no longer is broken like it had been.  We loved our first home and I am grateful for all the memories created there.  I'm also excited for the future and what it will bring us!

-K

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I understand that heartache of leaving your home. But the hubs is right...home is where the heart is. Here's hoping your next home will be filled with even more amazing moments and memories!

KK

lmc said...

I totally understand what you're going through!