Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lost a House and Gained a Rose

Gabrielle Rose that is!

Julie and Sam welcomed their beautiful, healthy baby girl, Gabrielle Rose, on Monday night.  And this Aunt APreppyGirl could not be more thrilled!

TheHubs and I drove an hour and a half down to the Denver burbs to meet this little miracle, and boy, she did not disappoint.  She is absolutely beautiful, and perfect in all ways.  Now that we're moving to Denver, I'm so happy that I will be able to watch her grow and learn and surely turn into a mini-Julie, with Sam's personality.  And then I get to go home and have a glass of wine ;)

Oh, Julie would like me to note the name has absolutely nothing to do with the recent American phenom in gymnastics.  She is named after a great grandfather, Gabriel, and this name was decided a long long time ago.

Moving on to the not so good news.  Our house hunt is failing miserably.  On Saturday, we toured ALL of the Denver inventory of homes in our price range.  Of the 9, we only liked one and put an offer on it.  As did four other buyers.  Awesome!  We ended up coming in second place, outbid by a mere $2,000.  AGH!!  Seriously?  I would rather have come in dead last.

Since then, not a single house has come on the market.  How is that even possible?  It is really frustrating and I so badly want this to be over.  We have a sizable budget and our wish list is not all detailed.  We just need 3 bedrooms, a fence for Miss B, and if possible a 2 car garage.  Nothing compared to the unrealistic wishes  I see on HGTV.

Our goal of being done before the beach vacation is dwindling each day.  TheHubs is losing hope too.  And when that happens, well, we might as well start looking in the suburbs.  Sigh.

We're off on yet another road trip to visit TheHubs parents in Missouri with no cell phone and dial up Internet this weekend.  Maybe a few days of not checking realtor.com will be good for my sanity.

Have a great wired in weekend!
-K

2 comments:

katmcd said...

This sounds so frustrating. Would you want to rent or live on base until something comes available that you love?

SelenaThePlaces said...

Hang in there!!! It will happen for you. Congrats on the new Rose!!

xoxo
Selena