Friday, July 6, 2012

Last Post from our First House

Today is a bitter day. 

When my sister sold her first house to move into her dream house, she said it was bitter sweet.  Selling her first house = bitter; moving on to bigger and better = sweet.

For me, it's just bitter.  We're selling our first house, and still have no clue where we're moving.  So there's no sweet.  We're temporarily moving into a furnished rental which to be honest, looks like all of your grandmothers' homes, with none of my comforts of home.

I am sad. 

No one seems to get this except for Bestie G - shout out for letting me cry this AM to you!

People move all the time, and even into temporary places.  But the key difference between them and me is that they have an end goal.  We will just be in limbo.

Additionally, aside from vacation, I spent about 90% of the last 4 years in this house.  Working and living in one place will do that to you.  I made absolutely every decision about the decor, the paint, the exterior.  This house is ME.  We bought it as a peach hot mess, and now we leave it a deep gray classic beauty.  We put so much blood, sweat, tears, and yes, money into this home, it's difficult not to form a deep attachment.  For some reason, TheHubs never gets emotional so he doesn't care.  Me?  I'm a basket case.

Moving is stressful.  I think I've handled it all pretty well.  But today, the last day here before the packers come and we move into the temp house, I am sad.  I broke down and cried.  Scratch that, I still am crying.

It'll get better.  Please God, make it better.  I pray that this is my bottom, and it can only get better from here.
-K

2 comments:

SelenaThePlaces said...

I so feel your pain. We are just coming out of a similar state of limbo. It's difficult, but you'll get through it. And it's okay to be sad. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Best of luck to you!!!!! Sending you a huge cyber hug!!

Kristen said...

I totally get it! God will help you through it. He has to, right? That's how I get by sometimes. When all else fails, there is a plan out there. Just wish I would get the memo of "why."