Tuesday, May 29, 2012

For...SOLD!

When I returned from Chicago, I planned on posting about our house hitting the market.  But the real estate gods were smiling down on us, and it never even hit the MLS.  It sold, full price, within 3 hours, with me still in Chicago.  And yes, I am aware this is insanity!

Fri May 25th 11AM (Why is she talking in hours?  You'll see..):  Realtor Pam puts sign in the yard.
Fri May 25th 1PM:  Call from Pam saying someone is outside the house.  TheHubs grabs Barkley and heads for a walk.
Fri May 25th 2PM:  Text from Pam:  "Got an offer on your house!!  Wow!  This is a record!"
Return call and find out that it was a full price offer ($100 over in fact) with no seller concessions.
Fri May 25th 3PM:  House would have hit MLS listings.

I was in complete shock.  One, we just aren't ready.  It isn't official yet!  Two, I'm in Chicago!  Three, I love my house and not ready to move.  Four, like it or not, life is changing.

Friday May 25th 6:45PM:  I signed on the dotted line from Beth's childhood bedroom desk. 

And just like that, our house is Under Contract.

We got everything we asked for with no concessions, except a 45 day close instead of 60.  Meanwhile, our neighbors house which is the exact same floor plan has been on the market close to a year in total, and no bites.  That same day, we buried Beth's mom.  I have no doubt that I had an another angel looking over me.  I never met her, but Cathy G. is my guardian angel.

So here's a tour of my house that I never got around to on my blog.  (The next house I hope to be better about.)

This is where TheHubs and I "Master"ed our dreams;

This is where I spend my most of my day, negotiating away.  It's my favorite room;

 This is where our guests find solace;

This is where we gather with loved ones to share a meal;

 This is where I learned to love to cook;

This is where we dream of our future;

This is where we laugh with friends or read by the fire;
  

This is where we fell in love with Barkley;
  

and this is was our first home.

This house holds a million memories.  It's the house we married in; the house we both got our Master's degrees in; the home we both were promoted in; the house we brought our girlfriend Barkley home to.  We laughed and we cried, and together, made this house a home.  It may have a price tag, but to me, it's value can never be measured.

Where we're off to next, well...stay tuned.
-K


1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That's amazing!! Congratulations! So exciting and clearly meant to be when it happens so quickly.

KK