Friday, May 11, 2012

Girls' Day of Fun

Sadly, 2 more of our friends are deploying at o'dark o'clock tomorrow morning.  I again have a heavy heart.  This time it is the husbands of 1) my friend with the 2 year old and 6 month old twins and 2) my closest friend.  We are closer with these 2 couples, especially  my closest friend.  We spend at least one night a weekend with them, and now our gang goes down to 3.  Since our other friend is still deployed, TheHubs will be TheTokenMan.  I don't mind at all, but I do mind that we're all in this position to begin with.  We really need to get the heck out of The Middle East....

Anyway, Beth doesn't want to be alone tomorrow, so I've devised a Girls' Day of Fun!  We're heading to downtown Denver to start the day with lunch.  Then we're heading over to the Yves Saint Laurent Exhibit at the Denver Art Museum.


According to the site, "A sweeping retrospective of the designer’s 40 years of creativity, Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective features a stunning selection of 200 haute couture garments along with numerous photographs, drawings, and films that illustrate the development of Saint Laurent's style and the historical foundations of his work. Organized thematically, the presentation melds design and art to explore the full arc of Saint Laurent’s career, from his first days at Dior in 1958 through the splendor of his evening dresses from 2002."

More importantly, "The DAM will be the only United States venue for the exhibition."  I am soooooo excited and have been looking forward to this for a while.  Tomorrow is the perfect rainy/sad day for a Museum trip.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that TheHubs is knee deep in thesis writing so it's good timing all around.

After our visit to Denver, we're regrouping with the rest of our deployed sisters and having a Girl's Night In Dinner.  No Boyz allowed!  (Except adorable 6 month old Jacob.)

While Girls' Day of Fun can in no way take the place of their spouses deploying, I hope that it can at least make them smile a little.  Again, I'll be saying extra prayers that my family comes home safe and sound!

Have a great weekend!
-K

No comments: