I've been so far behind on posting that I need to start somewhere. We are back from London and haven't stopped since we touched down.
My birthday was on Friday. I turned 30 again. I spent it with some of my favorite people. My brother and sister in law were visiting from DC, and my iPhone Soulmate John, drove up from Denver after a long work function just to have 2 drinks with me. We convinced him to stay over at least and ended the night chatting around the fire pit. It was a fantastic birthday, which rivals that of the big surprise 30th last year. Life is good.
On Saturday, we took Mark and Maureen on a mini tour of our mini city; walked around downtown and tasted some delicious brews. Saturday night we went to our friends' house for a cinco de mayo celebration. I learned that Ben Franklin went to France and had whores. Wait...none of that is true? Amazing what comes out of mouths when Outburst glory is at stake. Again, life is good.
Sunday involved a botched batch of pancakes and a hike to see a giant rock formation shaped like a tooth. We saw a trickling waterfall, and I took a fall, but that's par for the course as a super klutz. For dinner we made delicious goat cheese and tomato tarts, watched the Nats versus the Phillies, (of course the best team won), and played some games as only my family can. Life is good.
And now Mark and Maureen have left and I'm in a funk. I love those 2 crazy kids. I loved hearing their voices downstairs. Having family here makes me smile. But only 6 weeks until we see them again on their turf in DC. Life is good.
This picture could have been taken 15 years ago. Some things never change.
The gang and the aid of cropping software. Timers never seem to be the best angle.
Still on my to do list is a London post! Also, our house goes on the market a week from today. And we don't know where we'll live until September. And we don't know where we're moving to after September. And more of our friends are deploying on Saturday. Minor details. My blog is enjoying the view from the backseat for a while.
Have a great week!
-K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You have been a busy bee lately! Sounds like it's been a lot of fun though. Yay for fun game nights and I can't wait to read about your London trip!!
KK
Post a Comment