Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome Summer!

If I had my druthers, this is how I'd be spending my long weekend:



Alas, we live in a land-locked state (how did that happen?) and TheHusband has an overnight Sun-Monday.  So really, our long weekend is just Saturday.  No worries!  For once, I'm taking the attitude of enjoying our time together instead of sulking over his stinky schedule.

I think it's a perfect time to grill up some of TheHubs amazing burgers and break out my "summer drink":  Gin and Tonic with a cucumber or that amazing frozen concoction we had on our honeymoon in Hawaii.


sierraclub.com

While TheHubs is away, on Sunday I plan on fully taking advantage of the Memorial Day Sales and using up the coupons I got from stores for my birthday.  I cannot believe it, but my month of MBA freedom ends on Monday.  Yep, class starts ON Memorial Day!  Not fun at all!  But again, being positive, I figure I can use my day off from work to maybe get ahead of the curve?  Yeah right.  I'll probably spend it nailing down the plan for next week - that's when my parents make their first trek to Colorado!  YIPEE!!

Have a FANTASTIC and SAFE holiday weekend!
-K

5 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi lovey! Your summer beverage of choice sounds out of this world! I want to come over and let the boys BBQ while we girl talk over cocktails! Have a wonderful happy weekend!! xoxox

Stephanie said...

Sorry you are landlocked! We are too, so sad! :(

Memorial Day Weekend doesn't feel quite the same away from water!

Have a lovely weekend!

KAC said...

I'm landlocked as well sadly enough but I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

~M~ said...

I just got home from shopping with my mom. There were so many sales today! Hopefully you found some good stuff too!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Gin, tonic and cucumber??? That sounds so good!