Thursday, May 13, 2010

By Far The Best Part of Traveling for Work Is...

Seeing all sorts of things I'd never see from my home office window.  Case in point:

This week I am in Dayton, OH for work.  I'll be honest, Dayton doesn't offer much, except a Macy's Estee Lauder counter who actually carries my shade of Double Wear lipstick (where have all the legendary bronzes gone in CO??)  I digress...

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting dressed up in my work clothes and interacting with humans.  I even got to meet a fellow AF Officer's wife who has quite the career herself.  That in itself was worth the trip as I'm hoping that will turn into a great mentoring relationship.  I also got to meet an old coworker for dinner who left TheLargeCompany for greener pastures (and by greener, I mean cha-ching greener.)  All good things...

However, the highlight of my trip was pulling into the hotel parking lot last night to see this beaute taking up about 6 spots:

businessweek.com

I took a picture on my cell but I dont have the cords here to upload it to my computer so this will just have to do.  I mean seriously folks, how often do you see this?  Me, personally a few times b/c a friend's then gf used to have the sweeet job of driving this around the country for a year.  But otherwise, to the avg person, how often? 

It got me thinking how much I love to travel.  Yeah, maybe the weiner-mobile isn't much, but it's a lot better than my normal routine of looking out my home office window day in and day out and seeing the same thing over and over.  I'm extremely grateful TheBoss understands this and I can travel fairly often.  And just think...I still have 2 more days here!

Hope you're having a terrific week!
-K

PS - Before I left, TheHubs and I saw our Phillies play the Rockies in Denver.  It was such a great game and we enjoyed every minute of being a part of Philadelphia again :)

6 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

This post MADE MY DAY! How cool is that!! TRUE STORY: My hubby is in the transportation and logistics business and there was a weiner mobile that broke down on the road that got towed to one of their local facilities. His entire staff got to go onto the weiner mobile and take pictures, and Matt even brought me home a weinie WHISTLE!! HAHA!!!! :) xoxox

Juliana said...

Awesome!!! I agree with Trish, this post rocked!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

THE WEINER MOBILE! OMG! I don't think I've seen that since I was a kid. This post made my day!!

Jen said...

I think it is awesome that you love to travel. I keep a travel journal of all the places I eventually want to go.

Enjoyed browsing here, have a great rest of the weekend!

Stephanie said...

I am so jealous... you saw the Oscar Meyer truck?!!! That is so stinkin' cool!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I had a friend that interviewed to work in the wiener-mobile after college. It was actually a highly sought after position. So funny!