This weekend was human filled fun! One of those super busy, super fun weekends that come along once in a blue moon since we live so far from family and friends. On Saturday all our CO friends headed to a local brewery tour and then back to our house for a BBQ. The weather finally indicated spring has sprung (90 and sunny); TheHubs made/grilled delicious burgers; and the company was fantastic. When I hit the pillow on Sat night, I was smiling from a long day of sun and friends.
However, the title of this post alludes to how I spent my Sunday. TheHusband's new boss's wife (follow?) hosted a Spouses Champagne Brunch at their home. I was super nervous b/c I've never met his boss or the wife, and with all the reorgs, I no longer know any wives in TheHubs' squadron. Alas, I went. It's what you do as a wife, especially a military wife.
Well, wouldn't you know only ONE other wife showed up?! I felt so sorry for the boss's poor wife. She had a beautiful spread with tons of food, and only 2 wives showed up! There are about 98 people under the boss's command. Let's be generous and say only half are married. Ok, so there's 50 spouses. Out of the 50, only 8 RSVP'd to begin with, and out of the 8 only 2 arrived! Can you believe that?! HOW RUDE! Where have decent manners and social graces gone? There are so many things wrong with this situation: 1) If you RSVP yes, then you show up. period. People spend soo much time planning a gathering and to not show up when counted is so awful! 2) Call me old fashioned, but if your husband's boss's wife invites you to an event, I'm pretty sure you go. Even if you have to rearrange your schedule, you make all efforts to be there. I don't care if your husband is a truck driver, you go. Trust me, this stuff matters. Often times the biggest impression you can make is non-work related, especially 3) If you are a military family. Rank and file matter. The commanders have earned their stripes, literally, and are very big into respecting authority.
Craziness for sure! However, since there were 2 of us there, I know that I at least made a positive impression (or so I hope.) TheHubs boss was even there and he and I had a little chat. Score one for this AF wife and TheHubs!
Hope you're surviving Monday!
-K
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is just terrible! You should feel good that you went. I'm sure it made a lasting impression.
Oh goodness, I would have been mortified for her! I cannot understand people who rsvp and then do not attend the event, it's uncalled for. At least you were able to make a great impression!
Yikes! I cannot even imagine sending in my RSVP and then not showing up!
Post a Comment