Friday, February 12, 2010

Work Update (again) and the Olympics

Apparently I spoke to soon, as the afforementioned work wonderful work update has gone down the tubes.  Not only did I train that coworker I can't stand on my job, I essentially trained myself right out of a job!  GRRRRRRRRRR!  I don't know if I'm more upset that I won't be doing the job I love or that sneaky little jerk got what he's always wanted - my job.  To make things worse, my colleague who I work fantastically with is also leaving, and thus taking all her work with her.  (She wants me to come with her, but I just can't spend another year with awful co-worker, but mostly, I do not think it will take my career in the right direction.)  On the bright side, I am still with my fantastic manager and she assures me she'll find something.   Find something soon please b/c I'm running out of billable hours!

In summary - things are back to gloom and doom and I hate it.  I am constantly stressed and I'm grinding my teeth even more at night.  My dentist would agree - I need a resolution!

On a different note, today starts my favorite 2 weeks of every 4 years.  You got it, the Winter Olympics!  I love the Winter games far more than the Summer games, such as bobsled, skiing, and skating.  To celebrate, Thehusband and I are having a little fiesta to celebrate the Opening Ceremonies tonight.  Nothing fancy, but there will be Olympic (onion) rings, and Mario and Sonic go to the Olympic Games on Wii!

Have a great weekend!
-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's horrible! Fingers crossed that things turn around soon. I'm so excited for the Olympics - especially since I'll be out of meetings before 5 today and will get to watch the opening ceremonies.

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,

That's too bad about the co-worker. I am a true believer in kharma and know that what goes around comes around. He'll be in the same situation one day and he'll see what it feels like to have someone take his job away.

Keep your chin up!

-Angela