This whole (honking mess of a) wedding is definitely stressing out TheFiance and I out beyond what any couple should ever have to go through. Tomorrow he goes on an overnight through Fri at which time he pulls into the driveway, Ill be on a plane for Vegas until Monday. (Have I mentioned how much I love his schedule?) I've come to the conclusion that I really need/want/deserve an overpriced glass of Riesling along with some dinner at our absolutely favorite place here, Cafe Vino. No surprise: it's a tapas restaurant.
We need some us time. Us time?! I know what you're thinking: You are finally living together far from family and friends? How much more "us time" could you want? It's quite simple. Between his work schedule, RCIA classes, and this wedding, we barely have any quality time at home. However, when we walk into Cafe Vino, everything magically is good again, if only for 2 hours. We have the most amazing conversations there, the food is amazing, and they have such great local brews and wines. Plus, I leave feeling like I can tackle the world again. It's kind of like they transported my favorite Philly restaurant here!
Therefore, I'm going to put that disgusting, defrosting mush that WAS chicken and dumplings 2 weeks ago, back into the freezer. Have a great night!
-K
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good luck with all the wedding preparations. Is there anything I can do to help? I know it's kind of late...
that's sweet stein, but I think we're on track. Just need to get to the finish line! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!! :)
I can't wait either!!!
Post a Comment