Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Major Setback for CO Petite Preppies

Our local mall leaves a lot to be desired, so it was really no surprise that our Ann Taylor Loft was discontinuing their petites. (Yours truly is 5'3 on a good day.) I was disappointed, but not too concerned b/c there's a much better mall about 2 highway exits away. Since I work from home, I haven't kept up with my dressier clothes as my weight fluctuates. However, with Easter, TheFiance's conversion, and the wedding coming up, I wanted to pick up a pair of travel-able pants to fit the bill and headed to the nice mall last night. I was NOT pleased to find out that Loft also doesn't have petites so I inquired. Turns out, the Loft is discontinuing their petite line! GASP! SHOCK! HORROR! They've already emptied out all the smaller stores and the bigger stores in Denver and one near Boulder will remain indefinitely!

The Loft is most definitely my go to store. My entire work wardrobe was centered around it, and it was the one place whose pants and jeans fit perfectly. I never had to worry - I could count on the Loft to get it done. Now what? Agh, I'm so disappointed. The only silver lining to last night was that I discovered the huge Macy's in that mall has an amazing petites section. I guess when one door closes, another opens?

I did get this shirt in a bright yellow at The Loft to go with some black/white Glenn plaid pants I got at Macy's:

-K

1 comment:

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

This is a sad day. I am petite too and do not like to hem pants--they never look right and it is a hassle. I am sorry!