Thursday, December 4, 2008

Living in a Box

This week has been pretty much the opposite of a good one. Nothing awful happened, just a combination of small bad things. My new job is still being defined. Translated: I don't have much to do which means my days drag. Although that leaves me plenty of time to arrange everything involved in working remotely: ordering office equipment from our "easy to use" systems, setting up the phone company to install a phone and fax line while im still in PA, and getting about a million pieces of paper signed that say, the exact same thing! My white board is loaded with to-dos. On the personal moving front, TheFiance and I have waged war against DirectTV. How I loathe that company! Unfortunately, TheFiance signed us up for a 2 year contract, so we dont have much power, and will utimately lose this battle, therefore, paying a ton more than we should. I think things *may* be on track for the wedding, although, I still have to hear back from the new manager at our reception. Of course, as my luck would have it, the country club decided to fire the GM, whom I LOVED, in the middle of planning our wedding and now I have to pray the new GM honors all our agreements. Long story shot: My best friend and I have decided we're going to live in a cardboard box for the rest of the week, away from our problems, and the obnoxious "customer service" (HA!) reps at DirectTV. Wouldn't that be great to just close up the box and pretend like the real world doesn't exist? Although, would it be possible to get a cable line put in? I'd hate to miss an episode of Private Practice! Hope your weeks are better!
-K

PS - My bridal shower is on Saturday! I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments: