Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Not Christmas, but Thanksgiving! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving! Everything about it! I have such wonderful memories of it, which still continue to this day. Not only is the day itself A-#1 in my book, but the Wednesday before ranks right up there! Growing up, I have strong memories of helping Mom and Grandma cook stuffing, pies, prepare the bird. Now it's just Mom and I, and that quality time is something I cherish. This being my last Thanksgiving as a single lady, I want to remember every moment of it!

However, the main reason I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve is because TheFiance is coming home!! For 4 FULL days!! Do you all realize I haven't spent more than 2 days with TheFiance since LAST Ocotober? Yes, over a year! Thank heavens our time apart is drawing to a close! In case I haven't mentioned this before, he's the best guy ever and I don't know what I did to deserve him. Lucky for me, he gets my obsession with Thanksgiving and has graciously decided we can spend every Thanksgiving with my family back in PA since it's not such a big deal for his family. YIPEE!!

Seriously, I am the luckiest lady in the whole world: TheFiance + Thanksgiving. "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!"

See you guys on Monday - I'll be on Cloud 9 until then!

-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize you guys had been apart so much. I hope you guys are enjoying these days together-- I'm sure you are!