Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleepless in Philadelphia

I just enjoyed my last weekend in my apartment and quite a busy few days it was! I managed to buy my home office furniture at Ikea (pictures to come when its all set up in my dark gray with pink and white office!), hit up the Lenox outlet (deserves to be its own post), and clean out all my closets and drawyers of junk. In the midst of all the boxes and moving plans, I managed to see both of my best friends, and begin the "goodbye" process. For you Philly folks, I highly recommend the Naked Chocolate Cafe on Walnut St. I got thier peppermint hot chocolate - the best ever! It brought back tons of memories of living in Center City and I even drove back home past my favorite running spot - Lincoln Drive. Being in the city, I thought - why am I leaving this place?! Then the traffic reminded me of one of the pros to leaving dodge. That sums up my entire weekend: Excited to finally start my life with TheFiance, yet extremely sad to leave behind my adorable condo, the best family, amazing friends. I made a nice little life for myself, and now its time to slip away from Ms. Independent Prep, and head towards Mrs. Married Adventure Prep. I found myself tearing up at the smallest details like putting my undergrad diploma in a box. I suppose it didn't help TheFiance was on an overnight so I didnt have him to talk to. Ive been so tired from all the errands and emotions but when I hit the pillow, Im wide awake, reviewing my to-do list and I can't help but be overcome with the move. The movers are coming on Friday, and this weekend I'm heading to NYC to see my beloved Duke Blue Devils - I guess that makes sense. Things may be overwhelming now, but the reward is well worth it, my beloved Guy.

No comments: