T-1 Day until the movers arrive! That means this is my last night in my apartment...forever. I become a vagabond for the next few weeks: a couple of days at my brother and sister in law's house, followed by the holidays at my parents' house. Then, after what seems like an eternity in the making, I fly out west and move into MY house. (Of course, its our house, but ownership is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.) Still, I'm sad to leave it all behind.
As I blogged before, I havent slept in days, and I think its starting to show physically. Tonight I have TheLargeCompany Christmas party that I can hopefully duck out of early to finish packing. One of my best friends is coming over for one last "Thursday Night Tea" which has become a highlight of my week. My work office is all but packed away, save my laptop, trusty tea mug, and picture of TheFiance and I, which of course is the last thing to go into the box. I'll try to keep you all updated when I can find some wireless unlocked networks, but until then I say: Goodbye East Coast; you've been a great East Coast, and I shall never forget you. Hopefully our paths will cross again.
...And find comfort in those masters of music, Coldplay, who aptly sing :
"Lovers, keep on the road you're on
Runners, until the race is run
Soldiers, you've got to soldier on..."
-K
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment