On Friday at 5pm, TheHubs and I bought my dream car - The Volvo XC90 in Caspian Blue.
On Thursday, TheHubs took me to the dealership to test drive it, thinking after all the wishing and saving my hard earned moola, maybe I just wouldn't like it. Fat chance! I fell head over heals in love with it. When I got out after the test drive, the first thing I said was - "I want that car." And the rest is history.
I'll be honest, I cried a smidge on the way over because it meant the end of my old car, my trusty Sophie. (Note: I get insanely attached to objects that I name - call it one of my quirks.) She was a FANTASTIC car and I couldn't ask for more. But I truly believe that she will make another family just as happy.
Volvo XC90 doesn't have a name yet. In fact, I can't figure out if it's a girl or boy. I've always had girl cars, but the Volvo logo is the male symbol for Mars, iron, and warfare, so pretty masculine. Do I pay homage to its Swedish roots or Volvo legacy? Not a bad problem to have though. Name suggestions are welcome until I find "the one."
I didn't get to drive it much b/c on Sunday we got a blizzard and TheHubs took it to work Sunday and Monday. He said it drove like a champ. As if I expected anything less.
I love their slogan "Volvo. For Life." It plays on their AMAZING safety record and the fact that Volvo owners come back again and again. For me, this is it. I'll be driving it for the entire duration of its life. It's a part of our family for the long haul, and I can't wait!
I realize I am one lucky lady. But I have a husband who shares my belief in hard work paying off. I saved and saved and dealt with some pretty shady coworkers and belligerent military personnel. When I look at it, I see my dream car, but I also see a lot of hard work paying off.
-K
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love your new volvo! I was crazy attached to my old car after seven years and had to test drive my current car three times before I committed (I knew it was going to be a volvo but which one was trickier). And I never named a vehicle before but I call mine apollo because it reminds me of a spaceship (even though it'a blue).
Congratulations!! So excited for you. I'm not normally a blue person but I think the color is so pretty!!
KK
Good for you! I'm sure you totally deserve it. SHe is a beaut!
Post a Comment