Friday, February 15, 2013

Only Necessities

This year for Lent, TheHubs and I are giving up buying anything that isn't a necessity.   I was going to say we gave up shopping, but we can shop all we want, we just can't pull out the trusty AmEx.  This one will be interesting because now that I work from home, I rarely go shopping, and TheHubs wears his uniform everyday, so he doesn't shop much either.  But somehow, we do end up buying a lot of things on a whim.  A trip to Costco to get toothbrush heads and somehow we came back with a $150 bill; that same day, a trip to Ikea to buy curtains turned into close to $100.  So while we can still buy the toothbrush heads and the curtains (long story, but a necessity), everything else will have to wait.

But of course, in true Catholic style, we bought these Patagonia "Down Sweaters" at about 7 pm on Fat Tuesday.  They have become the latest in the Colorado uniform (used to be North Face fleeces.)  Plus, our Old Navy puffers are just not cutting it out here in the Rockies.

TheHubs in Bandana Blue

Mine in Brilliant Green


Unfortunately, they won't arrive before leaving on Saturday for our annual long weekend getaway in Steamboat Springs with our friends.  Oh well, something to look forward to when we get home!

What are you all giving up for Lent?  And how did you come to the decision?  We usually discuss on a Barkley stroll.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, even if it's spent not frolicking in the mountains!
-K


1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oooh I love your green one! And soooo jealous of your trip to Steamboat. One of my most favorite cities! Have fun!!

KK