Friday was a celebratory day here at A Preppy Girl's casa as TheHubs officially became Captain TheHubs, USAF. I am over the moon proud of him! It was a wonderful ceremony for him and 2 of his colleagues and I am honored that he chose me to pin on his captain bars. I will fully admit the military knows how to do promotions better than corporate America. They recognize their people and applaud them when they do good things. (Ahem, TheLarge Company, please take note.)
In addition to recognizing all of TheHubs' achievements, I was also recognized (blushing!) During his speech, TheHubs said some amazing things about this Preppy Girl. So much so, that multiple people came up to me and said they have never heard someone say such nice things about their wife. One retired Navy officer even told TheHubs he wrote some of it down! Just when I think he's oblivious, he pulls one of these surprises out of the blue. He's a sneaky one, that guy! :)
Here's Captain TheHubs taking the oath...
And Captain and Mrs. TheHubs. I should note, this is one of those times where his smile literally was ear to ear. And rightfully so!
And while this may not make sense to the masses, it's definitely one of those things I want documented in our history book. Dear TheHubs, while you may be 9 inches taller, 6 years older, and 60lbs heavier, I look up to you in more ways than one.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
-K
Monday, January 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is such a sweet story about his speech. Congratulations to the both of you!
Congrats to your husband!
That was an awesome post! Congratulations!
Post a Comment