My Christmas was a whirlwind, yet very relaxing and low key. I spent lots of quality time with my parents, aunts, and cousins. I even got in a little Bestie G time too! (I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention my quality time with Kate Spade too - 2 purses - lucky me!) Surprisingly, I didn't spend as much time as expected with my siblings. I suppose this is a product of TheNephew growing up, and my other siblings' hectic lives. I've realized that Christmas will never be what it once was, but that makes me value the time we do spend together at our yearly beach vacation and Thanksgiving.
Sadly, my dear friend lost her mother on Christmas morning to a long battle with leukemia. She previously lost her father at Christmas 5 years ago to brain cancer. I thought about her often all week while I was at home with my own mom and dad. How one woman can handle so much and still have a smile on her face - I'm hoping to channel some of her attitude in 2012. Surely, any problems I may have amount to nothing in comparison.
As for 2012 resolutions, I have none. No weight loss, no better blogging, no reading more. TheHubs and I have an insanely busy, big year ahead of us that we need to focus on, as our time at this base is coming to a close.
2012 brings us:
- An unknown move - Could be across the state, could be across the country. Hopefully we'll find out in the Spring.
- Selling our first home - and all the anxiety that comes with it. We're trying to be as smart as possible, bringing in our realtor soon to go through it with a fine tooth comb. Once TheHubs gets his new assignment, my goal is to have it on the market within a week. Please pray it sells quickly!
- London - I think I've beaten this one to death enough :)
- TheHubs' thesis and Master's completion
- Buying a new home
- New jobs - I'll keep you posted as this one develops, but I am very optimistic at what the future holds.
- Everything else that the military will throw at us, and handling it with poise.
-K


2 comments:
Happy new year! Your 2012 list sounds amazing - can't wait to read about all your exciting adventures.
Oh man, my heart breaks for your friend. What a hard time around the holidays!!
Sounds like 2012 is going to be a wild wonderful adventure for you two!! Embrace the changes and enjoy the craziness, I hope you two have a spectacular year!
Post a Comment