A TON of bloggers are runners. I am not. I never ever will be. However, TheHubs is. Always will be. Interesting how that works out, right? He's currently training for The Marine Corp Marathon this fall in D.C. Even as a lifelong runner, he can't just run 26 miles. From what I see, it's a slow process that takes time and dedication.
I assume the last miles of a marathon must be some of the hardest but also some of the best. The end is in sight but the body is exhausted. Excitement and adrenaline propels, yet the runners usually collapse when they finally cross the finish line.
This is what my thesis has been like. I haven't slept well in the past 6 weeks. I've woofed meals down like I'm in a race, my mind constantly whirling about work to be done. My iPhone is another appendage on my body, emailing and texting constantly.
This morning I submitted our 120 slide team presentation. Yesterday morning, I finished my rough draft of my 20 page individual portion of the thesis. This week I will be going through the grueling process of rebuttal and defending it. It's my last few miles. At this point, it's all adrenaline. The finish line is sooo close...
-K
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You are not the only one who is not a runner. I have not ever been one and probably will not be one in the future.
I have a few relatives that have run marathons. My sister had stage 4 non-hodgkin's lymphoma in 2000 and 2001 and in 2003 she ran in the Chicago Marathon with her husband and her bone marrow donor. (The reason was because she was alive to do this sort of thing). She still runs with her husband and the little girl that they adopted that is named after the bone marrow donor.
One of my aunts is a runner too and has run in a number of races on the West Coast.
My roommate from college has run in the Chicago Marathon a few times.
I exercise--I just hate to sweat.
Your defense is this week? Good luck and chase that finish line down!
Hang in there!!!!!! Best of luck wrapping it all up!
Good luck to you, Katie!!!
The end is soooo close!! What are your big plans to celebrate being finished?
Oh I am not an anything athletic. I walk my dog. And that ends my athletic ability/enjoyment.
I signed up for the MCM 10k becuase running 26.2 sounds like death. I give your hubbie a lot of credit.
Post a Comment