Friday, July 2, 2010

Wimbledon Roundup

Another advantage of working from home is being able to listen to Wimbledon all day.  I have Radio Wimbledon streaming on my laptop all day and during my lunch break, I can watch it replaying on the local NBC station.

I was really surprised and bummed when Federer got knocked out in the Qaurterfinals.  That left all my hopes of a Nadal defeat riding high on Andy Murray.  (Side note:  I'm traning Barkley to growl when I say "Nadal.")  As luck would have it, it's a Murray/Nadal Semi as I type.  I wish it was a Murray/Nadal final, but oh well, such is the luck of the draw.  Keep your fingers crossed Murray advances!

I'll be spending my weekend with some BBQ and Fireworks; homework, and Wimbledon Finals.  A fantastic weekend if I do say so myself (minus the homework)!  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and stay safe!

UPDATE:  Oh, bullocks!  Nadal defeated Murray in 3 sets :(  Oh well, maybe next year!  I've always had a dream of going to Wimbledon for my 30th bday, which is now only NEXT year...yikes!  Anyway, I heard on RW that black market tickets for this year's Finals are going for 7,000 pounds!  That's over $10,000 a ticket!  Oy!

-K

1 comment:

Ms. Emmy N said...

Hi, just came across your blog - I was really into Wimbeldon this year too! I like Nadal, but was looking forward to seeing someone else win! Hope you had a great 4th weekend :)