Friday, June 25, 2010

On the Road Again...

Back on the road, this time, only a few hours south to Colorado Springs.  I am having a blast - is that allowed at work?  I'm seeing sooo many friendly faces from when I worked here...6 years ago!!  WHAT?!  Driving down here I calculated it out and holy moly, where does time go?!  That also made me realize, maybe I'm not as young as I think I am?  Pish posh...

Anywho, everyone surprisngly remembers me, albeit, with a different last name.  I even got some compliments about how I havent changed at all, and still "smiles and sunshine."  Thank you MC and PB for the non-aging genes and as for smiles and sunshine, I'll just take it as a compliment.

TheHubs and I talk about the future often and how Colorado Springs is a definite possibility for our next base.  I know its a few years away still, but I would really enjoy coming back here.  I already have a built in network of friends, I could work back in an office again, and not to toot my own horn, but I already got offered 2 jobs!  Plus, the cost of living is similar to where we are now, so we could most likely get the same caliber house we currently own.  All pros to me!

I am looking forward to getting home and spending time w/ TheHubs and Barkley this weekend.  I'll be spending it working on finals, but making some time for fun at the local BrewFest with some old friends.  Oh, and of course, no trip back north would be complete without a stop at the Banana Republic outlet...WOO WOO!

Have a great weekend!
-K

3 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey sweetheart! That is so great to hear that you are so happy and that the traveling is going well. I know you can't wait to get home to hubby and Barkley though too, glad you'll be able to squeeze in some fun this weekend! :)

Colorado Springs sounds lovely, I'm up for a visit heehee!! And 2 job offers already, NICE!

BR Outlet - YES! Major WOO WOO!!! :) xoxo Love ya!

Amy's Avenue Blog! said...

Hey K! I haven't talked to you in a while, but I wanted to say HI! I do still subscribe and I feel connected with you even though we have not had a proper chat. We have good friends moving up your way in about a month. I will have to get you guys connected! Her hubs is a nav and they are going to live in Ft. Collins as well!

Stephanie said...

I am happy and jealous to see you having so much fun at work! Have a wonderful week, lady!