Friday, January 22, 2010

Great Recipe to Pass Along

My sister and I are big fans of the magazine Real Simple (and by default, MC and my sister in law who get it a month later thanks to my sister.)  Last night, TheHusband and I tried one of weeknight meals in the February issue:  Chicken and Sweet Potatoes With Shallots.  (If you get the magazine, there is a picture of how it should look.)  It turned out soooooooooooooooooo good and I highly recommend it.

I susbstituted regular yellow onion rings for the shallots and I dont believe we were missing out on much. The sweet potatoes are mashed and delicious!  I've started making more mashed potato dishes.  Growing up, they were kind of a treat, but they are super simple to make.  It's just a quick blend with the hand mixer past cooking them on the stove.  The utimate comfort food!

Have a great weekend!
-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Real Simple Magazine. Thanks for linking the recipe. It sounds delicious!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Mmmm- sounds delish!