Highlights include:
- Eating pizza with a knife and fork in full make-up, veil, and of course, my Lilly P. button down with my mom and bridesmaids before the ceremony
- Being chauffered to and fro by one of my parents' best friends on his massive bus, decorated for the sheer purpose of tailgating at Penn State games.
- Seeing TheHusband's adorable face peep out behind the sea of people as I walk down the asile. It's that face, the one of an innocent, happy go lucky 5 year old, that makes me swoon all over.
- TheHusband's best man fixing TheHusband's cuff as my sister kept fluffing my train.
- Being married in the church I grew up in. This was iffy and at the last minute it all came together. Thank you to everyone who was a part of making it happen.
- Seeing nothing but smiles walking down the aisle as husband and wife, and sharing an intimate memory with TheHusband towards the end of the aisle.
- Umbrella pictures: I gave the BM's colorful umbrellas as part of thier gift in case it rained. It did not rain, but we got adorable pics instead.
- The Country Club of Scranton, outdoor cocktail hour on the patio, and pictures with my Dad on the golf course. I couldn't have imagined a better venue anywhere else in the world.
- My father's toast: I tear up thinking about it. The most emotional, thoughtful, amazing words ever spoken about me. I don't think there was a guest who didn't cry. I love you Dad! (The yellow legal sized paper he wrote it on is now on the List of things to save in a fire. )
- Surprise! Fresh popped popcorn on the patio as a nice 9pm snack.
- My younger brother dancing. He's amazing and I can't wait for his wedding in August.
- Forgetting that I requested a dance song from college and busting a move with my college roomies.
- ALLLLLLLLL the people who did came from far and wide!
- Seeing everyone I love and miss so much since I moved to Colorado. Most noteably, my best guy friend Casey, who I havent seen since LAST summer; all my college roommates (36C baby!); and my Denver friends who made the trek.
In summary, I am extremely grateful to my parents for giving me my dream wedding. It was exactly the way I dreamt/planned it would be, and I would not change a thing. So now I am married to my best friend, and we're excited to be starting the rest of our lives. Here are some of my favorite pictures friends and family have sent. Ill post some more when I get the professional ones!




















3 comments:
Yay! So pretty!!! Congrats!!!
-E
you look so beautiful! i wish we could have made it!!!!
love the pizza memory - sounds like you enjoyed yourselves!
Post a Comment