As it is Memorial Day weekend, I can't think of a more fitting time time to say Thank You to my wonderful husband. As many of you know by now, TheHusband is an Officer in the U.S. Air Force. I say Officer because he has worked extremely hard to earn his commission and should be recognized for all the sacrifices that came along.
I grew up in the opposite of a military family; my dad was in upper management before he was able to retire at a very young age, and my mom, a stay at mom for 90% of my childhood. I only saw military life from afar, and it didn't seem so appealing. I am ashamed to say, that in this preppy blogging world, I did keep TheHusband's profession under wraps. Now that I'm officially a military wife, and for a while before, I am no longer secretive about it, but rather extremely proud. And why not? The Husband earned his bachelor's degree like everyone else, and is currently pursuing his master's degree. I can't tell you exactly what he does b/c I don't even know what he does; it's that classified. I know the generics and trust me, I could never handle the pressure. He wakes up at 4:30 every morning, and most days, doesn't return until 3pm the FOLLOWING day. Between 36 hour alerts, school, and me (let's face it: I need to be entertained), I don't know how he finds the time.
He is truly amazing, and I love him more than words can express. He is the most patient person I've ever met, and even with all the military red tape, (boy is there red tape!) he never gets flustered because he knows that he's a part of something bigger. This something protects all of us; allows us to live life to the fullest; and ensures our freedom.
To my husband, I tell you all the time how proud I am of you, but rarely do I say thank you. To quote my CEO, "I want to express my deepest thanks and admiration to all who currently serve in our nation’s military, to all of our veterans, and to their families, whose contributions to our freedom are equally profound." Thank you TheHusband, LxInfiniti!
Have a happy and safe Memorial Day everyone!
-K
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment