Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strange Observation

On Friday afternoon, TheHusband and I camped out at the Social Security office so that I could legally change my name to Mrs. TheHusband. Since moving a few months ago, we've spent many an afternoon at public service offices, such as the SSA, DMV, and state buildings. We noticed one thing: We're always the best dressed, well-mannered, and have the most teeth (all!) of anyone there. I know outward appearance is not indicative of much, but some (and by some i mean most) of these people are just plain weird! Which makes me wonder (insert Carry Bradshaw voice): Do wealthy people ever move, get married, or change their lives? I can attest that for most of these tasks, you need every single piece of legal documentation ever printed to get anywhere, so there's no way wealthy people are sending their maids and butlers. Is this just us? Maybe it's just Colorado. All I know is that we still have to go to the DMV and State Bldg to change more things, so now it's become a game to spot well off people. At least it passes the time...

-K

No comments: