Now that we're officially started, I thought I'd catch everyone up and how I ended up at this point. After only a year under my belt, TheLargeCompany asked young, naive me to up and move from Beloved East Cost City (Philadelphia), to Colorado Springs, CO. An adventure? Sure! I moved out not knowing a soul, nevermind where the nearest Banana Republic was! One year turned into two and into a new assignment in Denver where I met TheBoyfriend. I missed Beloved East Coast and all my family and friends, and hightailed it back with only fond memories, and a lot more wise in the ways of the world. TheBoyfriend and I had a blast living the BigCity lifestyle once again, until his career took him in a different direction. He went away for a few months, came back, and asked "Will you go on a wildly fantastic adventure with me...for the rest of our lives?" and thus, TheBoyfriend became TheFiance. As fate would have it, of all the places in all the world, TheFiance's career took us right back to....you guessed it...Colorado! The other options were dismal at best, and I couldn't be more excited to be heading back to some amazing friends and a wonderful new position with TheLargeComapany.
While TheFiance was in California, and I in Philadelphia, we made the biggest purchase of our lives - our first home! And oh yeah, I never saw it until Inspection! TheFiance is now in CO and I'll be moving by year's end. So much is going through my head, and hopefully this blog is both an outlet for me, and provides understanding for those who don't quite get how emotional it can be. I'm sad to leave my family, friends, and Beloved East Coast, nervous to start a new job from my home (without the office comforts Ive grown to love), anxious to make our new house a home, and stressed with planning the wedding back in the best hometown ever. However, at the end of the day, I'm excited to be starting a new chapter with the most amazing, lovable guy on the planet. I am one lucky gal! I have to admit Ive tackled a lot this year, and finally, its starting to fall into place. Right now, I'm beginning to pack my bags (Longchamp, of course!) and saddling up the wagon, b/c this East Coast Prep is Heading West!
-K
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment