Monday, October 1, 2012

We all live here!

I am a fall fanatic   As in, love everything about it:  warm-ish days, cool nights; turning on the crockpot and oven; college football; tall boots and down vests.  My favorite part is the leaves changing color.

As our time in our current city is dwindling, I wanted to take one last drive around the mountains in this part of the state.  We headed out on Sunday morning and realized when we got to our "local" canyon that there will be no leaves to change this year.  Thanks to our devastating forest fires this summer. :(

So we changed course and headed to Estes Park, home of Rocky Mountain National Park.  We never intended to hike, but to drive and enjoy the view.  It was a beautiful, sunny day, so we could open the sunroof, turn on the tunes, and let the autumn views hit us full on.

I took this picture from the car while we headed back.  No proper set up, still in motion, and yet, its beautiful.  I love the yellow trees in the foreground with the snow capped mountains in the background.  This is what "America the Beautiful" is all about.  This is where we all live.  Wow!



And yet, TheHubs have been blessed that this view is a mere hour from home.

What beautiful views do you have in your neck of the woods?

Have a great week!
-K

3 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I think we might be kindred spirits. I love Estes Park!

How's the house hunt going?

KK

Kristen said...

I love the fall, too. It feels very fall-ish here this week, so I am totally rocking my boots today!

The picture is gorgeous by the way. I bet Denver will also look fabulous!

SelenaThePlaces said...

I love that picture! What beautiful country! I hope the move is going well.
xoxo
Selena