Feel free to listen to the musings of Tom Petty as you follow along. This song pretty much sums my life at that moment:
In no particular order:
- We are under contract! Closing next Friday Oct 19th. Less than a week! The whole process has been stressful to put it nicely. Negotiations were a nightmare, as was inspection. In fact, there were about 3 times where TheHubs and I said "we're backing out." But alas, cranky old man seller realized we were his only buyer in 50 days, so its either the sweet young couple who will love his house or no one. The house needs some work, so I won't show you any pictures until we get in there and get our hands on it. The entire house needs to be painted inside, floors redone, and we'd love to replace the kitchen counters. All small things that will add up to a big difference. It's a house that's move in ready, yet we can add a lot of value. A great mix of interior decorating and financial investment - perfect for this APreppyGirl.
- I am transitioning to a new job! Still with the same TheLargeCompany. With a previous manager who let's be honest, I adore. Best manager ever, so I'm really excited about this opportunity. There's a lot more cross country travel which is a con, but I can still work from home, and be home with my spoiled Barkley. In the meantime, I'm working both jobs, with one last week of old job travel coming up this week. Yep, traveling Mon-Thurs, closing on Fri. No worries, no stress!
- TheHubs new job! He starts in the beginning of Nov and is slowing down in his current job. This of course, is the reason for the new city, the new house, my new job. I cannot believe four years has come and gone at this base. Yesterday, TheHubs went on his LAST overnight shift!! Pardon me while I get slightly emotional. To put this in perspective, he put in about 230 overnight shifts, and over 30,000 miles driving from base to his work site. This doesn't include the 50 miles each way from our house to base. I should also note, this includes about 10 holidays. 10 holidays we didn't spend together. The reality of it is: his job was not easy. The job itself is super stressful on the officer; the time away is stressful on their families. There are about 3-4 divorces in our time here b/c of the job. People and marriages reach their breaking point. Because of this job! Insanity! The fact that our first years of marriage survived under this kind of environment is pretty well...amazing. When TheHubs walks through the door later this afternoon, we will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Who knows what challenges/crazy work schedules/deployments the new assignment will bring. But if we could conquer this one, I say bring it!
So we have a new house, a new city, and 2 new jobs, all within about 2 weeks of each other. As our time here in TheCave and in our city is winding down, I am experiencing that "Time To Move On" feeling. I wrapped up my long term volunteering post this Wed and will wrap up my job this week. Our house that I adore is sold, and my closest friend here is pregnant. (This is wonderful news of course, and we couldn't be happier for them. Yet we're excited to be in Denver with our no kids friends. Hard to explain and needs its own post.) I'm antsy and excited for the future. All signs that it's Time to Move On.
That is everything that's been going on here. Quite a lot if you ask me! The next few weeks are going to be insane, but a wonderful, fresh, new insane!
"What lies ahead I have no way of knowing, but under my feet grass is growing. Time to move on; time to get going."
-K



1 comment:
Awesome updates! So happy to hear about the house and job. Man, I wish I could find a place I could transition with so easily. I would have thought working for the DoD would do that, but alas, the government is a PITA to transition with.
Can't wait to see more on the house!
Post a Comment