Last Saturday, my friend Suzanne and I threw our dearest friend Julie a baby shower. Even though Suzanne and I are not local to Julie, this was such a great shower to plan - Suzanne and I were on the same page about the entire thing!
I should also mention Julie and her husband refer to their daughter-to-be as "T-Rex" because before they knew the gender, she was a kicker and Julie said "it feels like there's a T-Rex in me!"
Back to the planning - I'm pretty sure if someone threw me a party, this is everything I would have wanted.
The event was held at a tea house in Denver called The House of Commons and we picked my favorite colors de jour: gray and yellow and a chevron pattern. You can see where this is going....
A shower for T-Rex and at a tea room equals Tea-Rex!
Here are the invites we designed and made:
As favors, we bought local Celestial Seasoning tea samplers, and made these adorable pop-up boxes to match our theme.
The House of Commons even co-ordinated the desserts to our gray and yellow chevron motif and had yellow flowers as the centerpiece.
Overall, I think the even was a huge success! We ended up hosting about 25 ladies, which for me, was a bit large for an outside venue. However, it ended up being the perfect amount for the space, and more to the point, our momma-to-be loved it! And isn't that what it's all about?
Unfortunately, I left my camera at home, but as co-host I wouldn't have had much time to snap pictures.
As a thank you, Julie purchases these chevron thank you notes for us. Of course, mine were grass green and navy. But here's the kicker, she bought gray and yellow for Suzanne before she even received the invitation!! So not only did she not know the colors, but she didn't know the chevron pattern either - it was meant to be!
I really enjoyed planning this event with Suzanne and was happy to have co-hosted such a wonderful celebration of T-Rex's impending arrival. Julie received soo many generous gifts that T-Rex is sure to feel the love immediately!
-K





No comments:
Post a Comment