Thursday, June 21, 2012

Progress, but still leaving dodge

Last night was finally one of those productive nights, where I went to bed thinking "Ok, got a lot done.  Still lots more to do."  Rather than the usual, "OMG - sooo much to be done" as I have for the past 3 weeks.

After work, I was able to fit in:
  • Barkley's walk;
  • make dinner - grilled chicken breast with pesto, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes on homemade bread;
  • watch a bit of the Phillies game - Sorry Rockies, tee hee (yes, I do live in CO and yes, I could care less about the Rockies);
  • go on my first bike ride of the season - how is this possible?!  Last year I was out in Feb.  Silly life  getting in the way of my hobbies;
  • pack all 3 guest bathrooms (wooot!);
  • and tape and label all the other boxes I needed assistance with.
Special thanks to the sun setting later, without whom, none of this would be possible.

If you follow the national news  at all, you'll  notice that um...maybe a fraction of CO is not consumed by wildfire.  Without going into specifics, last week was touch and go and watching the fire grow leaps and bounds did not bode well for my stress level.  I wouldn't suggest selling a house in a wildfire anytime soon.  This week containment levels are a million times better - phew.  Last week was no bueno.  The smoke was all around, forcing us all inside for the majority of the day.  Beth, TheHubs, and I even drove about 1.5 hours away to go for a hike on Sunday just to get out of the smoke.



The silver lining in all of this is that tomorrow TheHubs and I are leaving dodge for the weekend and heading to Washington, DC!   While we are losing a precious weekend of packing, it could not be better timing.  We really need to get out Fireland for a while, and I'm a bit sick of looking at cardboard boxes all around.  More importantly, we're going to celebrate the wedding of a wonderful couple, who are pretty much the definition of fun.  In addition, tomorrow is TheHubs' birthday!! I am so glad we're able to be in one of his favorite cities on his birthday.  And finally, the icing on the cake is that we're staying with my brother and sister in law, so we'll get to see them all weekend!  YAY!!  So much fun and happiness in one weekend; I cannot stand it!! 

Hope you all have just as fun a weekend! 
-K

PS - This is what I gifted TheHubs for his joint birthday/Master's graduation present.  It's white and 32GB.  Yeah, I rock as wifey.



P.P.S.  Happy Birthday TheHubs!  I can't think of anyone in the world I'd rather be going on this crazy adventure with.  I love you lots times infinity!


1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Sounds like y'all definitely need this weekend away! Have fun in DC with friends and family!!

KK