Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy October!

My pumpkin, er nephew, October 2010

Fall is here although you'd never know it here in Colorado.  Although it can stay mid 80s as long as it likes :)

Here's whats on our agenda here at A Preppy Girl's Casa:

Loving:
  • TheHubs' parents are coming to visit this weekend.  We're hoping to partake in some fall festivities as well as watching their beloved Missouri Tigers - Go Missou!
  • Apple cider fresh from the farm.
  • First trip to Notre Dame with one of my favorite people and ND alumni.  I cannot wait to check out the beautiful campus in person.  And of course, cheering on the Irish as they play USC.
  • The World Series - Go Phillies!  My only complaint is that I can't be in Philly to enjoy this time of year with the rest of the Phans.
  • Fall decorations.  I try to do harvest decorations instead of jack o lanterns and turkeys.  I put them up last night and they wont come down til the Christmas ones go up!
  • Traveling to Washington DC to cheer on TheHubs in his first marathon - The Marine Corps Marathon..woot woot!  I am soooooooo proud of him for all his training.  It certainly hasn't been easy, but he's proving to himself that he can reach this goal.  On his long runs, I follow behind on my bike with water and constantly think - Wow, this man amazes me.  Plus, not only will I be there to cheer him on, but my brother and sister in law.  Can't wait!
  • Homemade chili - our first batch will be made this Saturday!
Loathing:
  • Traveling for work not one, but maybe two weeks this month.
  • Bugs trying to find their way inside for the winter.  I'm about to put up a sign at the back door "No Vacancies."
  • The price of airline tickets for Thanksgiving.  Even though we're traveling on off peak days, they are still robbing us blind.
  • The fact that we have to replace our roof after replacing it only 2 years ago.  Darn home ownership!
  • Candy Corn.  Yep, I said it.  It's gross. 
As for this weekend, we had a blast!  We went to the local Harvestival and had some pumpkin ale while picking up our fall mums and pumpkins.  Then we went to a BBQ.  By the end of the night, it was just the core group of friends sitting around the fire, laughing.  The perfect Saturday.  We also saw The Help, which was fantastic.  It did the book justice.  In fact, this may be the first movie that I liked just as much as the book. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful fall!
-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your nephew is so freaking cute! OMG...I want to squeeze him. I agree with most of what you said except for the candy corn. I love it.