Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Musings from the East Coast

I'm in the middle of Week 2 of my East Coast jaunt and I'm pretty sure that they'll have to drag me on the plane.  No, that's not true.  I miss TheHubs and Barkley too much.  I suppose that's the best part of awesome trips ending, seeing my guy and my furball on the other side.

Nevertheless, my trip has been wonderful.  I caught up on my reading while sitting on the beach (including The Help, which was fantastic.)  My one and a half year old nephew is a hoot and a half.  Everything that comes out of his mouth is sweet/hilarious/surprising.  I loved the way he came up to me and said "Barkley?" indicating he wanted to see pics of Miss B on my iphone.  I love that Bestie G celebrated my MBA with me, afterall, she was definitely my cheerleader through it all.  I love spending time with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law "Deeve" (well, that's how my nephew says Dave, and I'm thinking it might just stick with me.)  I love the pace of life here.  I love that mountains are not the only option.  I love that the beach is close.  I love that my family and friends are even closer.

We really need to figure out a way to be in two places at once.  Or better yet, if I could just get all my Colorado friends to move to the East Coast with me, that would be fine too.  In the meatime, I continue to say prayers to the Air Force gods that we get stationed somewhere on the East.  It's about 99.999% NOT going to happen for at least another assignment or two, but still, a girl can dream. 

-K

2 comments:

Maggy said...

I know I'm way behind, but PREACH IT. It's always going to feel like this, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. I am dying to real "The Help". You should do a review of it on your blog. Can't wait to see pics of your trip.