In all the combined years I've lived in Colorado, I have never been to a rodeo. Around here, that's pretty much equivalent to never seeing the Empire State Building if you're in NYC.
On Monday evening, our friends asked them to go to with them to our country fair and rodeo since they had never been either. You know what? It was a blast! Apparently it was the Professional Rodeo too (PRCA I think) so we got to see the really good riders. We got there just as it started so we bought whatever tickets they had. Wouldn't you know they were pretty fabulous seats? The whole thing was very entertaining and not dull or boring at all. I really enjoyed this arena too b/c it was small enough to see both sides. The funny thing is, last weekend, TheHubs and I volunteered at a huge nationally known rodeo working at the beer booth to raise funds for his squadron. We peeked out once, but this time was totally different.
Not that I'm country convert, but I definitely want to go back next year! And, I'd bet money that I was the only one there wearing Lilly P. Hey, when in Rome...
-K
I took some pics on my iphone so sorry for the grainy-ness!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment