Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Big Girl Pants

Apparently I put mine on yesterday. 

TheHubs left for work at 7am yesterday, assuming he'd be home for dinner.  Turns out due to impending snow, they wouldn't let him leave BaseTown so he'd be there to go on overnight this morning.  So he won't be home until Wed night. 

Whenever his overnights are extended for a night on either end, let's just say, I curse the AF, kick, scream, don't handle it well.  It's an ugly side of me I'm not proud of, yet I do feel its justified.  Sometimes enough is enough.

However, yesterday when he called at 4pm to say he won't be home until Wed, I was calm and understanding.  I was the perfect military wife, if I do say so myself.   I dont know where it came from either.  I'm not sure if it was b/c I half expected it or just that by this point, the whole military part of my life is a comedy of errors, where nothing ever works out.  So instead of getting mad at TheHubs who has no control either, I put on my big girl pants and extended my girl's night to girl's nightS with Barkley.  This is a big step for me.  Girls, it looks like I'm growing up.

And my reward?  While shoveling above referenced snow, the FedEx driver pulled up with my iPhone.  Yep, 2 days early.  Way to rock the early delivery, Verizon!

Maybe my positive Feb attitude is paying off...
-K

2 comments:

Jackie said...

well that sure does suck, but go you for handling it well!

d.a.r. said...

Gah, sucky.

Sounds like you got a nice reward, though :) Silver linings!