Friday, January 28, 2011

Not your avg current weather post

Everyone and their brother is blogging about the weather on the East Coast b/c well...it's awful.  I cannot believe how much snow just keeps coming and coming.  My hearts goes out to you.  I really am not trying to rub the following in your face.  Its more of a way to bribe my parents into spending their winter months in Colorado instead of Florida.  I've been trying to get them out here with their daughter, son in law, and "granddogger" instead of alone in Florida for a few years, but this may just do the trick:


I just took Barkley for a walk...

without a coat on...

without a sweater on...

without long sleeves.

Thank you 65 in January.  I do love you.  I appreciate you so very much.  I love that we've only gotten 12 inches of snow, thus minimizing my shoveling.  I know we can get freak snows in May, but so far I'm loving this winter.

And to answer all those people who say "Doesn't it snow like crazy in CO?"  No.  That's a big, fat myth.  It snows like crazy in the mountains with elevations of 10,000 ft and higher.  Here in 5,280 land, we enjoy 300 days of sun, with snow that usually melts within the week.  Colorado tourism board:  I'm available for hire.

Weather:  I'm sure you going to mock me big time come Feb.  But for now, I'm enjoying our sunny warm day.

East Coasters:  please don't pelt me with ice/snowballs.  You have culture and the coastline.  Please give me just this one thing.

Have a great weekend and stay warm!
-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds delightful!