Call it poor planning on my part, but somehow everything is colliding at once. After months of debating, we are finally getting the exterior of the house painted. It's going to be grey with white trim and burgundy shutters/doors; a far cry from the nasty peachy cream its been since the 90s. Since my parents are finally coming to visit as well, we really wanted them to see the finished product. Of course, the two are overlapping.
On top of that, our landscaper who does amazing things when he actually shows up, showed up last night, with the intention of finally finishing. We started this project in the Fall of '08! It's going to be interesting with a painting crew, landscaping crew, a curious Barkley, and the 4 of us coming and going all week!
Oh yeah, on top of that, I have a work proposal due on Monday and my MBA has resumed. TheHubs' boss called a BBQ for this afternoon, aka "mandatory fun" that I can't quite squeeze in. No worries though - I'll get it all done, but of course, my top priority is my parents.
TheHubs and I got to thinking - we have never spent time with my parents just the 4 of us. Since we live the farthest away, there might be a night or a few hours from when our plane lands and the rest of my siblings arrive, but nothing substantial. I am sooo excited for their visit and to show off where we live. It's going to be a great week!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)
-K
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Have fun with your parents! I'm visiting with mine this weekend too. Good luck with the house, I'm sure everything will come together.
Have a lovely weekend!
xoxo
Post a Comment