Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Straight, No Chaser

Last night was one of those rare, but oh so fun, "school" nights out with my nearest and dearest friend Julie.  She had bought us tickets for my birthday to see this amazing acapella group, Straight, No Chaser. 

sncmusic.com

They are gaining in popularity as the acapella craze is sweeping the nation.  They were also featured on a PBS special.  This is their first tour, so if they're coming to a city near you, I suggest you run to buy tickets right now.....why are you still reading?  Go buy tickets! :)

The show is just sooo FUN!  There were all different ages representated in the audience and everyone had a blast!  Not only are they musically talented, but they integrate a lot of jokes into their act.  Plus, they're not too shabby to look at for 2 hours (single ladies in the house!) :)  Oh yeah, they wear suits too!  Sigh, I think I'm in heaven...

For those of you lucky ducks on the East Coast, they'll be at Harrod's in AC for 8 weeks in the summer!  Seriously, check 'em out.  Birthday fairy, I'm adding any of thier CD's to my birthday list :)

Beforehand, we went back to our favorite Boulder retsuarant called Frasca.  For those of you in the area, we recommend it highly!

Between Duke winning on Mon night and last night's festivities, Wednesday is shaping up to be quite the letdown.  It's not helping I have a dentist appt either.  Oh well :)

Hope you're having a great week!
-K

3 comments:

Juliana said...

Katie-WOW that sounds like a blast. I hope your dentist appointment went well and that you had a nice Wednesday and have some good things to look forward to!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Sounds like such a fun show, I will definitely check them out!

You know I was going to run and check out that restaurant and I have to tell you I am BLOWN AWAY with that menu! Looks amazing! My sister is a HUGE FAN of the Slow Food Movement and restaurants that support it. NICE CHOICE! :)

Hope you have a happy afternoon, sending you some extra special Trishy sunshine!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love me some Straight No Chaser. They are AMAZING! SO jealous! I'm hoping to go see them in my hometown. I'm glad you had fun! :-)