Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Preppy Girl's Dream Came True

See that lovely gadget on the bottom right labeled "A Preppy Girl Can Dream"? It's where I post items I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to own but are no where in the budgeting future. Its my motivation to save some moola, and also, a place for me to drool easily :)

Well my friends, my dream came true! I am the proud owner of a black Burberry Quilted Constance Jacket! SHRIEKS!! This was definitely a group effort due in large part to my sister and sister in law. The way the story was relayed is as follows:

While shopping at the beach, SIL sees a few of these on a rack at a phenomenal price, and says holy cow! She herself purchased one last year and has seen her share of Preppy Girl drool whenever she wears it. My sister, and avid Preppy Girl's Guide reader, said - "It's on her blog! She definitely wants it!" A quick phone call to me grocery shopping in CO (I will no longer mock cell phones) and voila! It's mine! All mine! I was all grins when I tried it on upon my arrival to the beach house. Yet another reason I'm looking for fall weather!

Therefore, I have to give a huge THANK YOU to my sister and sister in law for 1) their fantastic shopping skills and 2) dedication to reading this blog. Without you, I would still be in dreamland and chilly in a few weeks.

Now the fun part is coming up with what will replace it on my sidebar!

-K

5 comments:

BRD said...

Congrats! You will LOVE this jacket. I bought one a few years ago and wear it all the time! A classic like this never goes out of style.

--DC Prep

Jackie said...

How exciting! I have a quilted vineyard vines jacket and I love it. Perfect fall and spring coat :)

KAC said...

Yay that's so exciting...I LOVE that jscket!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! There is nothing better than finding something you REALLY want on sale!

Erin said...

I am beyond jealous!!!

-E