I didn't know what to post today in terms of 9/11. 8 years ago tonight, I lay awake on a concrete floor below Laura's college bed. Her dad was missing in the WTC, and she didn't want to spend the night alone. Sadly, we never heard a word, and a memorial service in his honor was held 4 months later.
8 years later, Laura is happily married living in her hometown surrounded by family and the most adorable little boy. I'm so happy that she has survived this tragedy and is living life to its fullest.
My experience with Laura makes me grateful for the wonderful family and friends I have. And also, my job. Let's just say what my company does directly impacts our country's safety. So today, I will negotiate to the best of my ability. We never forget who we're working for, and to me that includes Laura and all those affected by this horrific event.
God Bless America!
-K
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What a sad/sweet story...I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for those that lost loved ones on this day!
Just stumbled on your blog!
Thank you for sharing this story, it is the perfect example of what that day (and the following months & years) were like for so many people. It's good to know your friend Laura is doing so well despite the loss of her father.
Sending you a smile,
tp
Wow, what a story!
What a lovely story thank you for sharing xoxo
Post a Comment