Friday, April 25, 2014

Happy Wooden Anniversary, TheHubs!

I just learned today that the traditional 5th wedding anniversary gift is Wood.  Classic.  TheHubs will not be getting anything wooden from me...sorry folks.

Anyway, 5 years ago today I said "I DO!" to my best friend, partner in crime, adventure go-oner, and Guy.  As I reflect back, I think how much time has flown by, yet at the same time, seems like its always been this way.

We bought 2 homes, moved 3 times, welcomed 2 dogs into our family, traveled the country countless times, took a jaunt across the pond, moved up the ranks professionally, and oh yeah, are about to welcome our first child.

I never in my wildest dreams thought that this is where we'd be.  But that's the great part of wildest dreams:  reality is often better, and in my case it is.

We had planned on spending our 5th anniversary in Spain, but Baby Bear had other plans for us.  Instead, we'll be dining at a great tapas restaurant here in Denver.  If I've learned anything about marriage in the past 5 years, it's to roll with the punches.  I often talk about our cross-country adventure we live, but truly, our adventure is just beginning!







Have a great weekend!
-K

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary! We've got number four coming up in just a week. Time flies, right? Enjoy the tapas! Yum!!!

MCW said...

Happy anniversary! Amazing pics, love your bouquet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have an amazing time celebrating, it sounds like a great date.