Last weekend was my AMAZING baby shower hosted by mom and sister. Words cannot describe how much love and thought they put into it. My sister decorated her basement with gray tablecloths and then she made gray and white chevron runners. She also made yellow and gray puffy lantern decorations all from scratch! She thought of every detail from the the yellow and white chevron cupcake holders (filled of course with homemade cupcakes) to beautiful silver picture frames for each guest.
We had about 27 lovely ladies join us for an afternoon lunch, including my so many people from out of town. My Philadelphia Parents Garry and Patti drove up, as well as Bestie G, and Best Friend Karen and her husband Greg. Karen is due in April and looks absolutely adorable. My godmother Judy drove down from Boston even! Everyone was beyond generous. Baby Boy has no clue how much is genuinely loved already!
I didn't take many pictures given I was a bit busy but here are a few mom. I want to specifically point out 2 gifts that carry so much meaning.
The first is the green/yellow/white quilt handmade by my mom, TheHubs' mom, and my sister. Seriously. TheHubs' mom picked the swatches and sewed them together. Then she shipped it to PA and my mom quilted it all by hand. Then my sister hand stitched the beautiful edging on it. I want this quilt but glad it will be in our family for generations to come.
The second is a quilt made by TheHubs' grandmother who passed away over 6 years ago. She made it specifically for "TheHubs future child" and came with a a beautiful note. She was such a neat lady and I'm so grateful to have met her before she passed. Again, it will be something Baby Boy will have for ever.
I was supposed to fly home on Monday AM, but that didn't happen. Everyone in my family ended up coming down with a terrible stomach bug/Norovirus on Sunday night. I spent all of Sunday night getting sick every hour. My OB in Denver said there was no way I could recover all the fluids I lost and was concerned for baby, so my amazing mom took me to the ER. Luckily it was only an afternoon visit as I got IV fluids/anti nausea medicine, and of course, checked baby's heart beat. Agh, I haven't been that sick in soo long. The ER doc told me not to fly until Wed so I think I changed my flights about 4 times.
As luck would have it, the East Coast was getting the crazy storm on Wed/Thurs so my flights through Charlotte were cancelled. My parents are beyond wonderful and offered me straight to Philadelphia to get out before the storm. So on Tues afternoon, even though we all felt like garbage, we drove the 2 hours to Philly and I stayed in a hotel on Tues night. Thank God I got out and home on Wed. It wasn't until yesterday (Fri) that I started feeling myself again. What a crazy end to my trip!
All in all, I suppose it highlights that I need my parents even as a 30-something year old. When I was soo sick, my mom was right by my side, and of course my dad offering to drive me to Philly even though he felt just as bad. I love you both!
-K
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Those quilts are amazing! I love the color scheme of your party. I'm glad you made it home after all that. Hope you're back to 100%!
The quilts are so fantastic!! How amazing of his grandmother!! That's a lot of love to wrap your little boy up in.
And oh I am so sorry you were so sick. But so relieved you are better now and home safely. I am over this winter snowstorm business. O V E R it.
KK
So cute! I love the colors. So happy you got to spend this special time back home with your family. I hope you are feeling well as your pregnancy progresses!
Post a Comment