Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Resilient

Dear Laura -

Twelve years ago, you lost your father in the single most horrific act of violence on this wonderful country.  I will never ever forget that night, as we huddled in your twin sized dorm room bed, waiting and praying, and praying more, for any sign of life.  Sadly, that never came...

Fast forward to June of this year to our 10 year college reunion.  One could never tell from this picture of the tragedy you not only endured, but overcame with such grace and poise.



You are happily married, with 2 beautiful children, a charismatic golden doodle, and a fantastic career.  You are happy, healthy, and most important, resilient.  I am blessed to be your friend.

Love,
-K

3 comments:

MCW said...

I am sure she is thankful she had you there for her. So awful, thinking of her today.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

What a beautiful post! So wonderful to know that she has been able to rise up and create a beautiful life after such an enormous loss.

KK

Unknown said...

What a wonderful woman and beautiful post.