Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Visitors - Vacancy at the Inn

This summer has brought so many friends/family to visit us in Denver!  It's awesome!  And a welcome respite from us constantly flying across the country.  Plus, I very much enjoy showing everyone our home, the dogs, and where we live, since we usually see them back East.

On Saturday, we were able to see my "third" brother Scott and his wife Mariah.  Scott is really my older brother's best friend but he pretty much grew up in my house, so he is for sure the third son in our family.  As luck would have it, Mariah grew up in the Denver suburbs and all of her family is still here.  Her family has taken us in as one of their own, which I absolutely love.  TheHubs even spent a few Christmas's with them while I was back East!  It totally reminds me of what my family would do!  Scott and Mariah were in town for a wedding, and their family invited us to a cookout on Saturday afternoon.  I had a blast talking about Hometown and catching up and didn't want to leave.  Luckily Scott will be back in Denver in Oct to teach a class, so we'll see him then too!
 

Last night, my Philadelphia parents, Garry and Patti, came over for the evening.  They have been RVing across the country and having such an adventure!  We made lasagna and homemade bread, while they did some laundry.  We were joking it was like a college kid coming home for a home cooked meal and laundry!  I loved catching up with them and reminiscing about my time in Philly.  We usually only see them during our family vacation in Ocean City, so this was such a wonderful visit.  Again, I loved showing them our life!  And the best part is that we'll hopefully see them in a few weeks at the shore!


So who is next?!  We always have the "Vacancy" sign on our door for anyone who wants to stop by for a visit!

Hope you're having a great week!
-K

3 comments:

MCW said...

I love visitors! So happy that I have a 2nd bedroom so people can come whenever they want.

Kristen said...

Remember to keep sometime in February open, just in casies!

Unknown said...

Aw visitors are so much fun!!